Friday, September 17, 2010

You Don't Bring Me Flowers...


A few months ago, I was standing in Kroger near the floral section thinking, "Wow, I would love to justify some fresh flowers today." They all looked so happy and bright and awake. I wanted that in my home. But, really, flowers are things other people give to you, or for special events, right? You don't just buy flowers for yourself. How lame.
But, in the time it takes to push your cart from the soda aisle to the frozen foods aisle, I stopped waiting for people to give me flowers and started getting my own. And that's a tiny bit of the weekly budget that I'd fight for now. Why? Because we really should be kinder to ourselves.
-b


2 comments:

reddog216 said...

THE SINK WAS FILLED WITH DISHES,THE
HOUSE WAS IN A MESS.
SHE HAD SO MUCH MORE TO DO,BEFORE SHE COULD REST.
ONE THING FOR SURE SHE THOUGHT,HER SON GAVE HER A FLOWER.
JUST LOOKING AT THAT PRETTY THING,
GAVE HER STRENGTH...FOR ONE MORE HOUR........D

Bev H said...

Funny how a simple blog title can bring to mind a song and trigger so many memories.... Thanks for that. (BTW - you deserve those flowers!!)