Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Fish

And, for those of you who prefer the lighter side of the blog, or the usual side (like me), I'd just like to report that I was driving home on Briley Parkway today driving 55 mph. That's the speed limit there and I'd just passed two State troopers on my way to where I had been.

A man in a black Volvo tailgated me to the point that I started slowing waaayyy down so that he would get my non-verbal cue. He responded likewise with his own non-verbal: a big fat middle finger as he flew past me, once he finally decided to pass, that is.

Completing the picture of the middle-aged guy in the black Volvo wearing a wrinkled white dress shirt with his entire left arm out the driver's side window, middle finger waving in full upright position was the silver Jesus fish magnet on his left bumper.

Nice.

-b

3 comments:

Kristie said...

That's why I don't have a fish... So when I flip people off in traffic I don't make Jesus look bad.

Anonymous said...

Lol!
Thank you for being conscientious, Kristie. :=)

Tim Wheeler said...

Sorry. I was in a hurry.