Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dear Adam Lambert:

I'm writing to give you my two cents, not that you asked.

I looked up from my laptop just long enough during your AMA performance to see you "plant the big one." I don't have a comment about that, mostly because I thought at the time that the person you kissed was a petite girl with short hair and lots of make up. So, I don't think I can go back later and say I was "shocked" or anything else, when the truth is, I just didn't see it as "dramatic" or "cutting edge" or anything else. It seems to me that you and your keyboard player have some things to talk about, though.

I just wanted to drop you a line, however, to say that I hope you don't stop concentrating on your singing. I thought you sang pretty well on the few American Idol shows I did see, while I admit that I'm not really an AI watcher. Your singing wasn't there the other night. The theatrics, yes. The drama, yes--moreso than I even noticed, apparently. But your voice? Yeah, not so much.

Here's hoping you don't get lots of publicity for all this other junk and feel like that's reward enough. Most anybody can do a sexually explicit dance on a stage. Not just anybody can actually sing.

-b

No comments: