Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You Could Be...

...a comedian. Wow. If I had a dollar for every time someone has said that to me, I'd already be retired. Well, I'd at least have a second home in an exotic location. I'm not exaggerating (this time.)

So, I'm reading Tina Fey's book, "Bossypants," and I'm reminded that no matter how off-the-cuff-amusing I might be in the moment, I have no comedial (is that a word?--should I say 'comedic'? Because 'comedial' kind of sounds like 'remedial' and that doesn't work--wait, maybe it does here) talent.

In case you haven't noticed, I've entered my fourth mid-life crisis. I'm trying to decide what I'm supposed to do next, if anything. Maybe I should just keep on doing the same thing. I don't know. What I do know, though, is that I may as well just do it. Whatever it is. Because I'm not getting younger (contrary to the lies I tell you), and I know you're shocked by that. And, if I want to write my blog in run-on sentences, so be it. You should also know I'm running with scissors as I write this. Take that.

But, I suppose the first thing I'm going to mark off the list of "Things To Do Next" is be a comedian. (For the record, I still haven't crossed off "Be a Broadway Singer." Stop rushing me.) If nothing else, it feels nice to have made one decision about my future. However much of it there is left.



-b

1 comment:

Tim Wheeler said...

.. maybe some more satirical songs?