Monday, March 30, 2009

How to Change Your Mind

Sometimes I think I'll get a new house at some point. Then, I look around my little place and think of how nice it is to not have to deal with cleaning a larger space and mowing a larger yard and how I don't sink all my income into a house, and I drop it. That doesn't stop me from looking, though. I've become quite a little snoop with houses for sale, and with some that I'd just like to buy even though they're not for sale.

Yesterday was a snoop day. And I was snooping in on the rich people and their multi-million dollar homes that they no longer want.

That's when I found the house that has the pool I'm going to have when I do move (let me dream, okay?) The pool had the requisite waterfall, of course, the hot tub, the rock wall landscaping with both the deep and shallow ends, and all the privacy of a home sitting on a hill on an exclusive boulevard in Brentwood. I admit that in my heart of hearts and deep within the fibers of my being, I'm so not a Brentwood person. I am, however, a cool pool person. And, this, gang, is the pool.

As I took the virtual tour of this house, I kept wondering what type of person gets to have this house. Who was born into this, or what correct decisions were made to allow for this, or who worked themselves so hard day in and day out so that they could live in this house and raise their family here with this pool?

After a few more clicks, I found that the place was built in 2005. Okay, so there are no fond family memories. A few more clicks, and I was able to see that the place wasn't decorated all that well. It was okay, but clearly the money went into the house itself rather than the decorating. Hmmm…

Finally, my curiosity got the best of me. A few more clicks and a google later, I'd found the name of the person who is selling this place AND his profession. No, he's not a doctor or a lawyer, he's not a finance guy and he's not in the medical field or in insurance (lots of old money in Nashville from insurance.) No, gang, our guy with the $2+ million dollar home on the exclusive boulevard in the haughty neighborhood with the amazing pool gets to have all this because he owns, all across Tennessee, Adult Video Bookstores.

I'm not even kidding.

It's the house that naked built. And now I don't want it. Or its pool…ESPECIALLY its pool, ever.

-b

2 comments:

PhilB said...

Yeah...that's a real shame.

Oh...and I was just kidding about the calendar virus. It was my silly attempt at humor, sorry. I'll stick to songwriting. :)

Peace,

Phil

Melissa said...

eeeewww. yucky pool. yucky, yucky pool.

I'm officially grossed out now, and very happy in my home,