Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday, March 25th, 2009

I wrote at a new place today. There were 'roach traps' in the room. Nice. We still managed to write an up-tempo, positive song. Go figure.

Then, a lovely woman from the YMCA communications department called me personally to apologize for yesterday's Zumba camera debacle. Yes, I sent an email. I know. I'm becoming that person. I accept it, but there comes a time in life when it's not okay to let things go. Sometimes you just have to take people to task. Hat's off, though, to the woman for making the phone call. She had NO idea if I were going to yell and scream or be accepting of her apology. (Yes, I made it easy on her. I'm not a monster...most days.)

Later, an artist/friend of mine of mine called me on his way home from the studio after recording a song I wrote with Tony and Barry. He was ecstatic about the cut. Gang, that just so rarely happens. I think the only other artist to call me personally about how much they loved a cut of a song was Jeff Easter when he finished, "Over and Over." I guess artists just don't think about that stuff, but I can remember most every detail of that conversation, and today's. Funny.

And, this evening, I had my first experience with designer foils. They are for walls and furniture, and I'd never played around with them. Gang, now that I can do this to walls, I don't know how I'll ever stay humble.

There's your snapshot.

-b

No comments: