Friday, December 26, 2008

The Letter

Do you all have people in your lives who really aren't interesting, but they send you those printed out generic page long letters about themselves every Christmas? I have one. I haven't seen this person in years...I honestly don't recall the last time, but if I had to guess I'd say it was around 15-20 years ago. I never really knew this person very well, either. And, so the fact that I get this weird letter at Christmas every year makes me assume that either a) they haven't updated their Christmas card list or b) they don't have any friends, but still have this strange need to send a letter. After fifteen plus years of this, though, I'm tempted to assume the latter.

Let me make my point: if the ONLY thing you have to tell me is that you belong to a Bible study on Thursday nights, then skip the letter. Most everyone I know is involved in a Bible study of some sort. It's not a point of interest. Did you travel? Okay. How is your health? Okay. Do you have something unusually interesting to share (new baby, new marriage, sickness, health, etc.)? Okay.

But, if all you have is a Bible study, then may I suggest finding a nice card, signing your name and letting it be.

Just saying...

-b

3 comments:

Brian Copeland said...

Thank you for stepping forward and saying what we all wanted to say. The worst, too, is they use an 8 pt font to rattle on for two complete pages. They need a good blog!

Belinda said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm crushed that you aren't enjoying my letters.