Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Strange Way vs. Joseph

I finally made it home. Pete was on alert all night at the hotel (translation: we didn't sleep much at all) so I got up about 6 A.M. and drove on home. All of us who had been stranded in the ice storm were obvious this morning as we were all driving 50-60 while the people who were clearly not in it last night were flying by us. Funny.

I'm sitting here now trying to find something to sing for my parent's church tonight. Going home and enjoying the service anonymously is generally not possible, so every time I happen to be here when there is a church service, I have to panic and try to find words to something to sing. I realize that I write songs that we hear on the radio, but that doesn't mean I know the words to them without the laptop or my notebook. Someone once said that if you know the words to your songs, then you're not writing enough. Works for me.

I'd really like to do this song I've only heard once. The last time I wrote with Tony Wood he played me a new song he'd written called, "Joseph." It may in time, Dave Clark fears, take over the spot that "Strange Way to Save the World," has held for the last 80 years.

I thought about emailing Tony and asking him to send me the song today, but I didn't want to bother him on Christmas Eve. And so, here I am on the internet copying down the words to "Strange Way to Save the World." Again.

Maybe "Joseph" will happen next year.

-b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and then again, by next year you may have completely forgotten about Tony Wood's lame attempt at trying to write a song like ours... :-)

Belinda said...

Lol. I wondered how long it would take for you to be led to this. ;-)