Monday, December 22, 2008

Signs

I guess you all have figured out by now that I'm thinking about adding a Blackberry Storm or an iPhone to the family. I'm trying not to make impromptu emotional decisions these days and so I keep filling my cart on both websites and then emptying it before I get to the "confirm order" page.

My Verizon contract is officially up on April 2, 2009. If I can wait, which I can, then I could switch to AT&T and get an iPhone without having to pay the $175 early termination fee. Incentive. (I'm not a MAC person, by the way.) But, if I want a Storm, then Verizon has given me the chance to take $100 off the price rather than the $50 promotional discount if I'll call this certain number (I HATE calling Verizon). Which one has the better calendar and contact set-up and which one would be cheaper ultimately? Those are my only real questions. I'm leaning toward the storm just because Blackberry's typically are geared toward business and are proven in that realm, but I think the iPhone would be cheaper monthly.

Today, however, I thought providence had come when Verizon sent me an email telling me that if would enter this certain promotional code, I could order the Storm for the lower price via internet. I don't have to call and sit on the phone for hours? OK. I'm in. So, I went to the site, filled my shopping cart and entered the promotional code. You know what? I got an error--"Criteria not met for promotional code. Discount not applied." What? I've gotten snail mail and email telling me the promotional code DOES apply to me. So, now I have to ask myself if THAT was providence?

Sigh...

Maybe the paper book really is the way to go, afterall.

I need a sign.

-b

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey B- I thought about the iphone as well, but as my sister works for Verizon, my account is held hostage there (but at a very nice rate, so I'm somewhat thankful).. She did tell me though, the main difference between the two is that the Storm has much better security and encryption because it is more widely used in the business realm. And supposed to have much bettter coverage (40%) than the iphone. So there it is, for what it's worth. At this point, it's six and half.

Merry Christmas!

Belinda said...

...mmmm...coverage! I hadn't even considered that. Thanks!

Maddy said...

They discouraged my husband from getting me the iPhone at the AT&T store because of the rates that are charged. I'm not sure what that's all about. So I got a free phone (and an iPod Touch for Christmas). I'd switch to Verizon if I could for the coverage factor. It really is better than AT&T.
Gina