Friday, June 12, 2009

The Guest Bathroom

It went something like this: It was dark red, then I troweled paint on in black and white (which also created gray, of course) and I hated it for a bathroom. So then I primed in white, thinking I'd do a light color. Then I changed my mind and decided on charred olive. So, I started painting over the stark white primer with olive. Four times. I still need to do another pass or two (this is why you should use a primer close to your paint color, boys and girls--I'm your cautionary tale.) I would've never done that in a client's house, but since it was my own, I thought I'd try to save some money. I did. Then I lost weeks of time in the process. (I'm cool. I'm wise. It's true.)

So, now, probably a month later, I look at the poorly painted walls, the switchplates on the sink and the ladder in the bathtub and think, "Maybe I should do this in sandstone instead?"

Someone stop me.

-b

1 comment:

Kristie Braselton said...

Have you seen "Reign on Me"? You're like that guy but with the bathroom!