Friday, August 28, 2009

Picture of the Guy Stealing Matt's Car

My friend Matt paid off his car, a BMW, a few weeks back and took it into the dealership for routine servicing the same week. While his car was in the care of Pacific BMW in Glendale (California), this I'm-entitled-to-your-stuff-even-though-I'm-too-much-of-a-drain-on-society-to-get-an-honest-job-jerk-hat-hotshot-came up and stole it. Yes, this is a surveillance shot of the actual person stealing the actual car.

Photobucket

Now for the kicker: the dealership told Matt that it wasn't their responsibility, that insurance would handle it, BUT they would be glad to sell him a new car at a discounted price.

CAN.YOU.EVEN.IMAGINE??????? They didn't bother to verify that the guy picking the car up was the owner, and yet, somehow, it's not their problem. Stunning. Matt still doesn't have a replacement car. They are STILL trying to get out of it.

Sometimes I just don't know who I am in relation to this world anymore.

-b

p.s. That was PACIFIC BMW OF GLENDALE, CALIFORNIA. Tell your friends, neighbors and acquaintances.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Thanks Belinda for supporting me in my time of car ridiculousness. I love the fact that you posted this.

Bev H said...

Kept hoping you were heading for the line, "Congratulations! You've just been OverHauled!" ... Guess I'm a sucker for happy endings. But no.

Anonymous said...

That's unbelievable. Almost makes me wonder if it's an inside job...

Belinda said...

That's a good point...I hadn't considered that.