Thursday, August 20, 2009

Serendipity

My brother bought me a book and mailed it to me today. I'm so excited to have it, as I've shown much restraint with not buying it for myself. I actually read the first 14 pages at Davis Kidd last week because I just couldn't stand it.

Multiple people have emailed me about this book and told me that the writing style reminded them of mine.
Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen

So, I was teaching at the Tennessee Young Writer's Workshop in July and I looked at Darnell, my famous fiction-writer cousin with the book out, and I say, "Hey, do you know any thing about this book about finding salvation at the Dairy Queen?" She points over to Schuyler, who is a ray-of-light talented student in the camp and said, "Susan Gilmore is Schuyler's aunt.

Such a small world.
And so now I'm really, really looking foward to reading the book.
Thanks, Aaron.

-b

No comments: