Friday, February 20, 2009

How to be Happy for Your Friends

There were only five people who didn't get in. One, two, me, four, five.

It was a live television taping including Lamont Dozier, Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil, Marc Cohn and someone else (newcomer.) It was called Legends and Lyrics...or Lyrics and Legends. Who really cares, right?

Mann and Weil, you know them--"You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling," "On Broadway," "Somewhere Out There,""Sometimes When We Touch,"...yeah. Ouch.

A few years ago, Joel wrote with Mr. Dozier at Mr. Dozier's house. You know Mr. Dozier's stuff--"Baby Love," "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch-I Can't Help Myself," "Reach Out, I'll Be There," "Stop! In the Name of Love," etc. Joel stole...er, BORROWED... one of Mr. Dozier's pencils and brought it back to me. That was all I wanted. Hence, I feel certain that tonight's episode was completely in correlation to my current possession of said writing utensil. HB pencil Pictures, Images and Photos

Mr. Dozier, can't we let by-gone's be by-gone's???????? In the name of love?

I'm glad (and assuming) Tony got in. He would've enjoyed it more than I would have anyway (although marginally). I talked to my little brother on the phone for almost an hour in lieu of the concert. Investments in your family have to count for something. :-)

-b

No comments: