Thursday, February 12, 2009

Twist the Knife, Please

You know what really stinks? It's when you've written this really cool new song that you just love and then you're driving down the road one morning and you hear said artist's brand new single, AND IT'S RIDICULOUSLY SIMILAR TO YOUR COOL NEW SONG, and then the DJ says, "I think he's got himself a hit with this one." My disdain for this artist is palpable today. When I find out who wrote it, though, I'll transfer the disgust to the appropriate people. For now, the artist must bear it all.

In the meantime, I'm rewriting the melody in hopes of salvaging something, anything. Why, oh WHY are there only 12 notes in an octave. How I long for a few more.
-b

2 comments:

PhilB said...

Oh my God...I know exactly what you mean. Back several years ago i wrote a song called, "I'll leave a light on". The next week I heard Trace Atkins on the radio singing, "Every light in the house is on". Same concept and idea. I guess that means I was in tune with what they want to hear? I don't know. I tried to gleen some positive from it.

Peace,

Phil

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I am not the only person who experienced this..... Why....just last week I wrote a piece called, "How Great Thou Art...." and guess what I just discovered.....

I feel for ya.... And I Absolutely Hate those UGH moments!

Brian