Monday, February 9, 2009

Off the Cuff Grammy Thoughts

I enjoyed the Grammy's last night. They weren't perfect, but I enjoyed them. I don't really get into the angry rapper thing, but to each his own.

I need an explanation as to how, exactly, Jennifer Hudson did NOT win American Idol. As one who doesn't watch AI much, I remain stunned. Let her success and overflowing talent be an inspiration to every loser out there.

I think we were all reminded that large polka dots and big bellies don't mix. ...er...not that I really needed reminding, though.

And, I wonder how the meeting went when Katy Perry's fruit thing came up. "I know, I know, let's bring her down in a banana?!?!?!" "That's a GREAT idea!"

Allison Kraus looks fabulous these days. I hope she's not dating Robert Plant in addition to singing with him. He doesn't look quite as fabulous to me. But, they sound good together.

Sugarland never disappoints me musically. I know her voice is distinct and it seems like people either love it or hate it, but the girl just does not seem to get rattled. I love that.

If I think of anything else, I'll feel free to add it. ;-)

-b

p.s. The Bluebird Show is sold out. Neat-O.

No comments: