Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tattletale or Telemarketer...or some variation thereof

I got a letter addressed to me in handwriting, but the name on the envelope was my father's instead of mine. The letter's return address was literally one number lower than mine. Obviously I'm not giving you my street address, but let's say I live at 721 Main St. The letter was from 720 Main St.

So, basically what we've got here is a letter from my neighbor across the street to my Dad. Does she think I'm seriously going to pass a letter along to my father who lives 7 hours away? Aren't I too old to be told on my neighbors?

Or, it could instead be that she bought a list of addresses? She hasn't taken the time to learn my name in the 9 years I've lived across the street. I think we've spoken maybe 3 times that I can remember and, as it turns out, she wants to solicit money from me for her fundraiser. My father signed for a credit card for me once when I was in college. That's apparently the address list she bought. Am I really going to give money to a woman who writes letters to my father and doesn't know my name after she's lived across the street from me for 9 years?????? Really?????

-b

1 comment:

ericspayne said...

Your lucky she only wanted money! I could only imagine what my neighbors would tell my parents in a letter!